With Ant Man & The Wasp now released on DVD and Blu-Ray, people are struck again with how this movie might tie in with the greater Marvel oeuvre, and wonder anew why the light-weight Ant Man 2 arrived so closely after the heavy ending of Infinity War.
— Spoilers ahead for Avengers Infinity War and Ant Man & The Wasp —
Here’s a roundup of some intriguing articles addressing Ant Man, the Quantum Realm, and some conjecture about how to undo The Snap:
|The RunPee app tells you the best time to run & pee during a movie so you don't miss the best scenes.|
Download for free: Android | iPhone
Read more about the RunPee app.
- Lingering Questions About Ant-Man and The Wasp – Sit down and relax, as this is a medium-long read from The Wrap. It poses some great questions about how the Ant Man movies tie into the problems facing our heroes in Avengers – Infinity War, particularly with the mid/end credits scenes in Ant Man and the Wasp, and the big questions of how the Quantum Realm (and time vortices) could mesh with the hoped-for solutions in the upcoming Captain Marvel film (coming March 2019) and the final Avengers chapter (still as-yet untitled).
- Another good Wrap thought-piece: Could Ant Man Show Up in Captain Marvel?
- Vox has a great post dissecting Why Ant Man is the MCU’s Most Important Third-String Hero.
- Some little hints might lie in this deleted scene on the AM&TW Blu-Ray where Janet provides more insight on the Quantum Realm.
- Here on RunPee, we’ve got a small glut of pieces discussing Ant-Man, with the clear favorites here: Explaining the Importance of the End Credits on Ant-Man and the Wasp, How Ant Man Could Escape the Quantum Realm, and Why the Quantum Realm Will Solve the Problems of Avengers 4.
- Here’s the tag listing our articles about Ant-Man, and our great selection of posts on the Infinity War itself.
- It might help to re-acquaint yourself with who’s even left on the playing board by the calamitous end of Infinity War with our dissection on Who Died and Who Didn’t, The Five Movies to Watch Before Infinity War, and How the Remaining Avengers Will Get Off Titan.
- And if you can’t get enough of reading movie reviews and discussions about the ongoing Marvel Cinematic Universe, <—–then bookmark this page for current and future news.
Do you have any thoughts on how things could wrap up for Avengers 4, coming out next summer? At least we’ve got time to puzzle, conjecture, and, yes, re-watch the 20 previous movies for scraps of clues. Feel free to comment below with your ideas. I promise to respond.
MCU Trailer News:
Co-Creator of RunPee, Chief of Operations, Content Director, and Managing Editor. RunPee Jilly likes galaxy-spanning sci fi, superhero sagas, fantasy films, YA dystopians, action thrillers, chick flicks, and zany comedies, in that order…and possesses an inspiringly small bladder. In fact, that little bladder sparked the creation of RunPee. (Good thing she’s learned to hold it.)