A few users pointed out to me that there was a problem with the way copy/print was handled at RunPee.com. Because the cue and the synopsis were together, people would sometimes read details that they didn’t want to know about.
I believe there is a simple solution to that. I have made two buttons for copying the data. One gives you only the cue, when it starts and how long the peetime lasts. Now you can copy/print that info on one piece of paper and then copy/print the complete cue and synopsis info on another sheet. You can use just the cue info to figure out when to RunPee and then the cue/synopsis together to read what’s going on while you’re . . . you know.
And think of this: if the restroom is out of toilet paper you’ll have 2 sheets of paper to use. 🙂 Yeah, I know, ewwwww. 🙂
I also added a little extra so that peetimes that start, say, 71 minutes into the movie will read: 1 hour and 21 minutes. I know it’s hard to do math when you have to pee.
I would like to point out that this was only brought to my attention a few hours ago. And the update is already implemented and online. Because here at RunPee world headquarters we really care about our users. That’s why our new motto is: Don’t be like Apple.
Note: in case you were unaware Apple doesn’t care how much users want to have the Flash Player on their iPod or iPad. They are not going to give it to you.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Revamped RunPee.com to display Peetimes for movies in 21 languages
Subject of press release: Major upgrade to the bladder-relieving movie website RunPee.com, adding support for many different languages and regions with exciting new design and visuals.
Concept and website
Contact: Dan Florio
Address: Los Angeles, California
Mobile Application Development: RockSoftware.com
URL: http://blog.runpee.com/news [links for the phenomenal media coverage on RunPee.com]
Los Angeles, California – RunPee.com, the next best thing to a pause button at the movies, was until now all in English. But RunPee fans are spread across the globe. An update to the website offers users the ability to quickly switch between languages and independently switch the region that they are in so that they may see movie listings for their location.
The RunPee Mobile Upgrade Includes:
- Currently the ability to display Peetimes and synopsis in Spanish, French, German and English. Soon there will be support for many other languages: Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, and Indonesian
- Currently showing options to view movies as they are released in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Russia, United Kingdom, United States. Soon the region list will include China, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Argentina, Spain, Japan, Sweden, Greece, Italy, Belgium, Romania, Finland, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Switzerland, Austria, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico.
A Basic Mobile Version
Because RunPee.com is built with Adobe Flash many people with mobile phones cannot visit the site. Therefore a simple mobile version of the site was created at: m.RunPee.com. It displays all the same data – only in English for now. Movies that have been in the theater for more than 31 days are free to view. To view movies as they are released is a $1/year registration.
Screen shots are free to use.
Peetimes in English.
Peetimes in Spanish
Peetimes in German
Peetimes in French
Want to announce that your bladder is happy? Buy a RunPee Pee-shirt with the “half-full” logo and the phrase, “Because a Bladder is a Terrible Thing to Hold”…and wear it to the movies!
- Organic Cotton Tees – These are very comfortable. I’m wearing one right now. In fact, I have two so that I can wear one every day while I’m working. And I am REALLY picky about my tee shirts. They have to feel nice and soft and have a ‘flow’ to them. Many sizes in black, blue and cinder grey. ———————–>
- The Maternity RunPee Tee Shirt is perfect. Who needs to RunPee more than expecting mothers? A great gift for those expecting little bundles of peeing joy. May as well proudly announce why you keep heading out of the screening room during movies! Many sizes in black, white and light pink.
- The RunPee Mug – it’s a hefty ceramic mug that you can put your whole hand through as you hold your favorite beverages. You can drink things from it but also…well…may we suggest NOT using it instead of a PeeTime? 😉
- We’ve also got everything else a happy bladder could wish for from RunPee at CafePress – hoodies, jerseys, tank tops, less expensive non-organic tees and even a RunPee track suit (in case the RUN part of RunPee is more your style).
Because we want you to be able to afford a RunPee Tee and other RunPee gear, we only make $2 on each item. So we mainly sell these cool items at cost. Let people know you are a proud member of the Pee Generation!
Please take a look in our store and see if there is something you can’t live without:
The Few, the Proud: the SuperPee Posse (this could be you)
I am pretty much entering the pee times myself, and hand moderating all PeeTime submissions. That means I see a lot of movies.
Eventually, I will select a group of people who will have special privileges to enter PeeTimes, those I can count on to take “charge” of seeing a movie and selecting moderator-status PeeTimes.
The bulk of the content will come from these Pee-Ons. These elite Pee-ons will get
- a bio page and website link on this blog,
- free RunPee Staff T-shirts and sweatshirts ( that cannot be purchased by the public), and
- maybe even a special glow in the dark pen, like the kind we managers use to make PeeTimes.
- And I’m sure there will be other forms of compensation we have not thought of yet, besides knowing you’ve made a difference in the comfort of bladders everywhere. We’d like to be able to offer premier movie tickets at some point and other hard-to-get perks in the industry.
- If you are extraordinary in your Pee-On task, you might be the first person we hire for pay. We can’t keep doing this ourselves forever. If you can prove you lovelovelove movies and can find the best PeeTimes bar none, expect to see an offer trickle down your way.
I’m still discussing the details with people and so far I’ve only invited one person outside my family to be a Pee-On. It will take a while to grow this team, but eventually they will be providing everyone with the quality RunPeeTimes that you should expect from a classy website like RunPee.com.
As always I’m interested in hearing what the RunPee.com users think. If you have an idea that would make the site better – aside from redoing it in HTML (which – update – is now done!) – then please let me know.
Here at RunPee.com we DO give a piss!
Just one month ago, April 30th, we had a total of 9 visitors to RunPee.com. Since then the traffic has skyrocketed. Our low traffic since we were noticed is just over 6,000+ daily visitors. In that time we’ve had two server crashes, a move to a new more robust/costly server and a half dozen traffic spikes that left the site crawling…but not down for the count.
The number that is the most amazing to me is: traffic is incoming from 2,541 different sources. I want to say a big thanks to everyone who posted about my site here. Never in my wildest dreams did I see this coming.
Now, next week I’m being interviewed by Robert Kovacik from KNBC here in LA. I’m not sure when it will air but I’m sure it will lead to another server crash. I try to look at is as a good thing. 🙂
The iPhone app is coming!
The team building the iPhone app isn’t far enough along yet for me to give a precise release date but it will be measured in weeks I assure you. Most of it will be up to Apple and when they decide to let it pass onto the App Store. I’ll certainly get the message out as soon as it’s available.
But an iPhone app is useless if there aren’t enough high quality RunPeeTimes. To that end I am going to add features that will moderate the RunPeeTimes that you see so that we don’t get any of those of the “Just pee and then go home” variety. Plus you will be able to vote on the RunPeeTimes that you do see. So don’t forget to come back to the website after you see a movie and let others know which RunPeeTime you thought was the best to use. Remember, bladders are counting on you! 🙂
These new features will be in place when the iPhone app launches. Until then I’ll just have to clean up the RunPeeTimes the good old fashioned way, through the MySQL web interface. 🙁