Quarantine left you feeling lonely? Sick of watching movies by yourself every day? Netflix has a novel solution to let you make watch parties around the world with your best buds: the new Netflix Party feature. If you have a Netflix account, this function is free! See movies together while still obeying isolation laws during the worldwide CoVid-19 pandemic.
Here’s how to set up a free watch party on Netflix:
First, make sure both you and your watching friends have individual Netflix accounts. If you’ve been dithering over whether to sign up or keep Netflix, here’s something to consider.
- Go to netlixparty.com on Google Chrome and click on the button saying “get Netlix Party for free.”
- Click on Add to Chrome, then Add Extension.
- Make sure each member of your watch party also does these steps.
- Go to Netflix and choose a show. This includes movies, TV episodes, documentaries, and anything else on their playlists.
- Find the NP button now on your desktop.
- Go back to Netflix and start your show.
- Click Start Party.
- Share the Party URL to your fellow movie watchers, and you’re ready to go.
- Choose a user icon and nickname so you can chat/make comments as you watch. You can upload screenshots, emojis and GIFs to the chat, too.
The Google Chrome extension synchronizes playback among party members, so if one person pauses the screen, all screens will pause. This way, you can all go RunPee together! (No Peetimes necessary.)
Note: your session will end when the film/episode does. If you want to share another show, just do the selection process again.
Planning a fun Movie Watch? Let us know what you want to see in the comments below, and how your party went. I’d like to set up a few hosted watch parties for RunPee fans. Would you join us when we do?
Don’t miss your favorite movie moments because you have to pee or need a snack. Use the RunPee app (Androidor iPhone) when you go to the movies. We have Peetimes for all wide release films every week, including A Haunting in Venice, Expend4bles, Gran Turismo, Oppenhiemer, Barbie, and coming soon The Creator and Killers of the Flower Moon, and many others. We have literally thousands of Peetimes—from classic movies through today's blockbusters. You can also keep up with movie news and reviews on our blog, or by following us on Twitter @RunPee. If there's a new film out there, we've got your bladder covered.
Co-Creator of RunPee, Chief of Operations, Content Director, and Managing Editor. RunPee Jilly likes galaxy-spanning sci fi, superhero sagas, fantasy films, YA dystopians, action thrillers, chick flicks, and zany comedies, in that order…and possesses an inspiringly small bladder. In fact, that little bladder sparked the creation of RunPee. (Good thing she’s learned to hold it.)