Here’s a fun topic, a list of the “prettiest” ever live action movies. They have to be gorgeous on their own merits, plot aside. I’m looking for outstanding visuals. [pullquote]What qualifies as pretty? Lots of color, slick visual or computer generated effects that stand up through time, creative set-pieces, stylish direction, and lavish location scenery.[/pullquote] If you leave a theater thinking, “Wow! That was stunning,” then it’s a contender.
- Thor 1 and 2 (mainly the Asgard scenes, especially in Thor 2: The Dark World)
- Thor: Ragnarok – deserves special mention for outstanding everything
- Black Panther – spectacular visuals, locations, effects, makeup, costumes — the whole package!
- Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1
- Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (A glorious visual feast)
- Avatar (and we assume the next 5 will be, too)
- Harry Potter movies (1 – 4 are the prettiest. They kind of get dark and gritty after that)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Force Awakens
- Star Trek, The Motion Picture
- Pirates of the Caribbean (All of them are spectacular, notwithstanding uneven story qualities)
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jurassic Park, The Lost World, and Jurassic World
- The Fifth Element
Well, there’s our short list, ready for you to add your opinions to. What are we missing? Where do you disagree?
Don’t miss your favorite movie moments because you have to pee or need a snack. Use the RunPee app (Androidor iPhone) when you go to the movies. We have Peetimes for all wide release films every week, including Raya and the Last Dragon, Chaos Walking, and coming soon Godzilla vs King Kong. We have literally thousands of Peetimes -- from classic movies through today's blockbusters. You can also keep up with movie news and reviews on our blog, or by following us on Twitter @RunPee. If there's a new film out there, we've got your bladder covered.
Co-Creator of RunPee, Chief of Operations, Content Director, and Managing Editor. RunPee Jilly likes galaxy-spanning sci fi, superhero sagas, fantasy films, YA dystopians, action thrillers, chick flicks, and zany comedies, in that order…and possesses an inspiringly small bladder. In fact, that little bladder sparked the creation of RunPee. (Good thing she’s learned to hold it.)