Wouldn’t it be great if there were a RunPee BlackBerry app? A lot of people think so. We were hoping to have one ready by now – but have run into nothing but snags.
Here is the speck for the app: (It would be very similar to the iPhone app which you can see here.)
- Basic navigation of the movies – using the same RunPee API that the iPhone app uses. It returns an XML data set.
- Navigate from any movie to the PeeTimes for that movie – if there are any.
- From each PeeTime navigate to the synopsis of what happens during that PeeTime.
Timer for the Blackberry App
- From any PeeTime screen display a button to show the timer.
- Timer screen displays a start button with instructions to press when the movie starts.
- When the Timer is started it will display a screen showing the user options for how long before each PeeTime to give a warning vibration: 0, 1, 2, 4 minutes.
- When the timer is running it will keep track of the PeeTimes for the movie that was being viewed when it was started.
- As the Timer counts up to a PeeTime minus the warning time it will vibrate.
Other App Abilities
- Ability to store movie/PeeTime data for use when offline. So that the user can browse to the movie they plan to see while connected and then be able to use the app in the theater even if there is no cell reception.
- Display an info screen that loads data from the RunPee server.
- Ability to display multiple character sets. Currently RunPee.com is only in English but soon there will be translations for Chinese, German, French, etc.
- Ability to run in the background – so that the timer will keep counting even if the user leaves the app.
If you are a BlackBerry developer, and would interested in building this for RunPee, then email me – polyGeek [at] this domain – and give me an estimate on the cost and how much time it would take.
Don’t miss your favorite movie moments because you have to pee or need a snack. Use the RunPee app (Androidor iPhone) when you go to the movies. We have Peetimes for all wide release films every week, including Matrix: Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home, and coming soon Morbius. We have literally thousands of Peetimes—from classic movies through today's blockbusters. You can also keep up with movie news and reviews on our blog, or by following us on Twitter @RunPee. If there's a new film out there, we've got your bladder covered.
Creator and developer of the RunPee app. When something doesn’t work right in the app it’s pretty much his fault. 🙂
Aspiring author. Would like to finish his “Zombie Revelations” trilogy if he could break away for working on RunPee and the cottage he’s building for RunPee Mom.