RunPee news coverage has been frankly phenomenal. I am grateful and appreciative for all the props, and would like to say thank you to everyone who called RunPee genius. And brilliant. 🙂
- Videos and TV Spots about RunPee
- Radio Interviews with Podcasts
- iPhone App Reviews
- Android App Reviews
- Videos about RunPee
- Newspapers and Magazines
- News and Blogs
- Radio Interviews (with no podcasts)
- International News Coverage
Check out the video review of the RunPee iPhone app by TapCritic – 4:28 minutes long. He shows you how to use the RunPee application in each step. I couldn’t have done it better. 🙂
VanityFair magazine had an interview with Rashida Jones who confessed that RunPee was her favorite app!
Did a 3 1/2 minute audio review of the app, again.
This article does a great job of recounting how the idea of RunPee.com evolved from a desperate need to pee to an international media sensation.
Yes, you to can be James Bond cool with the iPhone app. I love it! 🙂
TV News Spots about RunPee
|RunPee was on the Today Show! Hoda and Cathy Lee had good things to say about RunPee.com and the app on live on television, posted at the MSNBC Today Show.The clip is about 10 minutes and 50 seconds into the video, and they discuss the new Harry Potter movie and how to find your PeeTimes on the website. They are pretty cute about RunPee in this clip, and it was wonderful to see the Today Show giving us a plug. People saw this over their morning coffee, and Tweeted about it to alert me about what was going on. I was even able to catch the end of it live. How neat is that?|
|The Los Angeles ABC News ReelzChannel did an interview with me in person! Filmed in the appropriate confines of a men’s room at a movie theater. The spot is 2:20 minutes long and is nicely edited with scenes from King Kong – the movie that started it all – and Star Trek. The news spot does a great job of showing off the site and pimping the soon to be available [ed note – NOW AVAILABLE] RunPee iPhone app.|
|Jordan Palmer, backup quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengals and one of the partners at RockSoftware, talks about RunPee during an episode of HBOs Hard Knocks. Jordan is younger brother Carson Palmer – shown in the image to the left. There’s also a short bit from the Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis.I partnered with RockSoftware to create the iPhone and Android app for RunPee.|
|I totally come across as a tech geek on TV. Which is okay. I mean, I am one, right? Molly Woods, a CNET Editor, reviews RunPee.com on the Daily BUZZ report– it’s up at the very end of a 4 minute video.I just want to point out that Molly slams Microsoft/Zune, AT&T, Apple, Martha Stewart, Nokia/OVI, and Circuit City before calling RunPee.com “The most helpful website on earth.” What makes that so perfect is that I worked for the Microsoft XBox team back when we were creating the first Zune player. BooYah, take that Microsoft!|
|Channel WKMG in Orlando invited me down to the studios to film an interview. Check out the results. Not bad! Too bad they didn’t have a makeup artist around to make me look a little better.|
|Do you want to be a millionaire? If so then it helps to know what the RunPee iPhone app is for. At least on this particular contest of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I let the contestant know that, if it had been me, I wouldn’t have believed Tom DeLay either. 🙂|
Radio Podcasts about RunPee
|I was invited to talk about RunPee.com on the net@night show with Amber MacArthur, and Leo Laporte. I’m on at around the 25 minute mark and talk for about 10 minutes. Of course I pimp Flex bigtime during the interview. I’m not sure if Leo knows exactly what Flex is. Maybe they’ll have me back on there someday just to talk about Flex. :)I love what Leo says at the very end after I had gotten off the phone, “This is how the web was, originally.”So Leo was my very first RunPee Interview and he got the total scoop.|
|NPR followed fast on his heels with me on All Things Considered. RunPee has been talked up on NPR a few times, including being made into a limerick on their Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me show – here is the RunPee Limerick(about a minute into the radio show)NPR did a 4 minute interview with me on All Things Considered. I suggest reading the comments. Quite a dichotomy going on between the NPR listeners.|
Reviews of the iPhone RunPee Application
- Wired (UK) – We LOVE Wired! RunPee got Wired!!! My favorite line is, “Quite frankly, this is genius.” I couldn’t agree more 🙂
- Mobile Magazine – Timed Offline Alerts with RunPee Movie App Update
- Gizmodo – Top 50 must have iPhone apps. Liking the Giz love!
- Lifehacker – We are on the COVER! “The creators are also working on more features that will be rolling out “every few weeks,” including a friendly vibrate reminder to alert you a few minutes before a RunPee time”
- Mashable – WOW! On the FRONT PAGE! They say, “It’s a rare find: an iPhone app that’s both useful and hilarious. RunPee, an existing website that launched its iPhone app today, checks both those boxes”
- Gizmodo – “RunPee, that great website that tells you precisely the best time to run and pee during a movie so you don’t miss anything good, has taken the next step and released an iPhone app for quick reference”
- ABC News – “Approved by Apple’s App store earlier this week, RunPee (yes, really) promises to be the small-bladdered moviegoer’s best friend”
- 148apps.com – The RunPee is golden!
- Washington DC Examiner – “There are useful websites. There are REALLY useful websites. And then there’s the pinnacle. The apex. The veritable apogee of all that’s good and wonderful on the interwebs – RunPee.com”
- Killer Startups – “I find this a very novel and convenient app. …a fresh idea and concept if I ever saw one…an original concept that deserves to gain traction”
- The Detroit News – “…the iPhone app is well-thought. Its yellow and off-white text on a black background isn’t likely to get you tossed (or to get popcorn tossed at you)”
- FindMySoft.com – “From the “useful web services for the moviegoer” section in our filling cabinet we have an interesting update to report about RunPee… the site has released a dedicated iPhone app, just as you have asked”
- BellaOnline.com Entertainment News – “Florio received tons of inquiries from iPhone users at RunPee.com who wanted this very tool, something seemingly small that makes a big difference”
- Reformed Chicks Blabbing (BeliefNet.com)- “…And it’s only $0.99! How cool is that?”
- The Dirty – “It has all the big movies in the theatres. You can just search for ‘RunPee’ at the AppStore”
- Terry White’s Tech Blog – Iphone app of the Week: “Sometimes I run across an app or someone shows me an app that like a train crash, I just can’t look away from”
- iPhone Tips and Tricks – “RunPee…has taken the next step and released an iPhone app for quick reference”
- SpillaGlassofWater.com – iPhone App of the Week: “…it’s a goofy, fun, but actually useful app that is pretty apt for movie-goers who have impossible bladders”
- TimTech’s News – “After the tens of thousands of apps that have gone through Apple’s iTunes store, we didn’t think we could find one that would surprise us this much”
- SmartPlanet – “…an Internet sensation…pure genius” – make sure to check out this humorous interview all about Dan Florio, his nude modeling, and RunPee
- AllMyFaves.com – Their tagline is, “This is what you will find on this blog, only the Creme de La Creme of the Internet”
- ShakTronics – “This is definitely an idea whose time has come, and this guy deserves to make a fortune for this brilliant app”
- CNET News – “it is clear that in a world of so many iPhone apps of questionable use, RunPee surely defines indispensibility”
- MacNewsWorld – “For moviegoers touting extra-large sodas, intelligence on when the best time to step out for a minute or two is a valuable commodity. Yes, there’s an app for it”
- DigiDose.com – “…the Run Pee app – either something extremely absurd or the best thing to happen to the iPhone since the iPhone”
- CNET Australia – Calls RunPee Mobile an “essential iPhone app for moviegoers” ..and they call us “cheeky,” which we like a lot
- InfinityTricks – “an ingenious iPhone /iPod touch app”
- Technology Expert – “RunPee Mobile also also tells you which movies have extra scenes after the credits (so you don’t have to hang around after every movie just in case)”
- MacTalk.com.au – Sounds like these guys have a lot of fun hanging around and reviewing apps together. ( podcast review )
Reviews of the Android RunPee Application
Vlogs and YouTube Videos Reviewing RunPee
|The Click Report, WSIL TV, Southern Illinois|
|Awesomeology – “My new favorite site, RunPee.com…I had an idea for this a while back, but these guys stepped up and knocked it out of the park”|
|T Spot Video 2: When You Have to Go (You have to go)
T Spot has fun reviewing the disgusting, yet essential, service that RunPee provides.
Newspapers and Magazines
|Can there be a more appropriate magazine than Pregnancy & Newborn to talk about RunPee.com? I don’t think so!|
|[ Chicago Tribune]|
News and Blog Posts about RunPee
There are way too many blog/news posts for me to list. I’ll probably never even see a tenth of them. But here is a list of a few I’ve read:
named the RunPee iPhone app a top pick! Thanks guys.
– Amber Mac tells a nice story about how RunPee helped make watching Avatar a more enjoyable experience. It is 2 hours and 40 minutes long. Most people are going to need RunPee.com for such a long movie.
was nice enough to write about RunPee.com and even mention the mobile version of the site – something most people overlook. Thanks guys.
has some nice works to say about RunPee: an app our female friends fawn over . . . Very cool. RunPee is fawnable! Maybe soon someone will write that women swoon over RunPee. 🙂
MightyBrandBlog.com has a wonderful interview with me about how we manage social media here at RunPee.com.
How to de-squirm a movie. Only HowStuffWorks.com could come up with that angle. I love it. 🙂
RunPee.com got NETTED by the Webbys: The Best User-Generated Strategic Guide To Optimal Movie Pee-Break Moments Ever.
- HubPages.com : This is the best stream of comments about RunPee that I think I’ve ever seen. I think I’ll go read them anytime I’m feeling down or unmotivated. I’m sure that will pick me right up.
- ChicagoTribune.com [ January 27, 2010 ] This is a really nice first hand account about how the RunPee iPhone app helped improve this journalists movie experience while watching Avatar.
- Lifehacker.com [ May 21, 2009 ] RunPee.com Suggests the Best Movie Bathroom Breaks
- Lifehacker.com [ Dec. 23, 2009 ] RunPee Adds Offline Alerts for Timed Movie Bathroom Breaks
- Wire Magazine online – Geek Dad
- USA Today – on Pop Candy’s Early Buzz
- Kottke.org – Leo calls RunPee.com “The greatest movie web site ever” – we will have to agree!
- NPR news blog
- Dave Barry – Why We Love The Internet – includes a poem about RunPee in the comments
- Los Angeles Times – Relief for moviegoers
- AP News – their story by Entertainment Editor Jake Coyle in New York was picked up by newspapers in nearly every city in the US! We are still hearing from friends across the country, telling us they’ve read about us in their local papers. It just doesn’t get any better than this! (well, maybe being on Letterman would rock harder…)
- UPI – We made their “Watercooler Stories” page!
- Denver Post – “It has been one of the season’s runaway hits — a clever idea that has spawned a lot of word-of-mouth from moviegoers”
- Slate – “Those with small children and/or child-size bladders will be glad to hear that the proprietor of the invaluable Runpee.com is watching [Harry Potter] right now, according to his Twitter status”
- LA Times – Nice LA Times article on RunPee
- AllMyFaves – “You get to see the movie at its fullest and enjoy a quick break for the restrooms”
- WalletPop.com – Know when to go with RunPee.com!
- LA Times
- The Auburn Plainsman – Web site alerts best pee breaks in current movies
- Baltimore Movie Examiner – RunPee.com: “the most helpful movie site ever”
- Reddit.com: this is the post that brought down the server the first time
- New York Entertainment
- New York Times
- Examiner.com [DC news]- “go ahead and order the large soda”
- NBC4 Los Angeles TV – To Pee or Not to Pee … When, is the question …
- DernierCri – Have you ever had one of those days?
- Cinematical.com – calls RunPee.com, “the #1 #1 site on the Internet”
- Freep.com – “If you get up now, are you going to miss a pivotal moment? What about now? Or now? Worry no more. Dan Florio, creator of the Web site RunPee.com, has sat through “Transformers 2” — and “The Proposal,” “The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3″ and a couple of hundred other movies — jotting down times and typing notes, all so that you can slip out of the theater and slip back in, secure in the knowledge that Megan Fox and Wheelie the Decepticon didn’t create an alien love ‘bot in your absence”
- ReelWhore.blogspot.com – “It’s futile to hope movie runtimes will return to a manageable ninety minutes; the obsession over the PG-13 dollar and the MPAA’s deathgrip on the industry’s balls have made 2 hours and eight minutes the recent standard. All we can do is enter the theater prepared”
- ABC Austrailia.net.au
- The Ridiculant Metro United Kindgom
- TheSun.co.uk – When to wee movie site
- PopGadget.net – Personal Tech + Innovative Lifestyle for Women
- RunPee.com listings on Digg.com
- Slippery Brick – “a useful tool if you truly love movies and have an overactive bladde”
- Film Misery – “Why didn’t somebody think of this before?”
- ReelsofRhyme.com – “a rather genius website”
- Edmonton Sun (Canada) – “In what may be the most important technological innovation in the history of modern cinema, Dan Florio will tell you when it’s a good time to pee”
- Current.com – “This is genius!”
- Bloggers Base – “A brilliant website I found today and I just had to register with them right away”
- New York Daily Record
- Geek Sugar – “Today’s website of the day is one of those sites we can’t imagine we’ve gone so long without knowing about!”
- The Review Crew – “Why didn’t we think of this! So simple yet so useful!”
- Sweet Hype – “probably the most helpful movie site to hit the web”
- Comedy Central – “the solution to cinematic urination”
- DC Metro Mix – “And to think someone is going to make millions off of this…”
- Row Three – “a good idea if you have a girlfriend with the typical bladder problems”
- Cineman (UK) – “lets you know exactly when to head for the head”
- British Blogs (UK) – “This is some genius right here!”
- Calgary Sun (Canada) – “it’s taken off to become an online and pop sensation”
- Entertainment Weekly – Site of the day! “the Internet is slowly but surely solving all our problems, one goofy, unprioritized issue at time”
- Gordon and the Whale
- Toronto Sun (Canada)
- The Modern Materialist – “Thank the heavens/internet for RunPee”
- Moms Like Me
- Flick Filosopher – “sounds like something the wags at The Onion would come up with, except it’s real”
- CrazyWackyFunnyBlog.com – “A young website, but sassy already”
- Rue the Day – “The internet has brought us many important innovations and this is one of the most crucial ever.”
- YesbutNobutYes.com – “It’s nice to know I can bring a large soda into the movies once more”
- FlexRIA.com – “…with the monsoon and some not-so-great but must-watch
movies around the corner I see how useful the site can be”
- Canada’s The Globe and Mail Tech Trends – “ ake it from someone who knows: Steady sippers with small bladders don’t fare well at the movies. Until now”
- Jim’s Blog Space – “I’m planning to go and use it this afternoon at IMAX Transformers”
- Jane Ellen – “They watch current movies and tell you precisely the best time during the film you can take a bathroom break. Genius”
- UK Press Association – “Relief for cross-legged cinemagoers”
- Den of Geek – “Den Of Geek recommends a marvellous site that lets you know when in the movie it’s safe to go to the little room”
- Southern Oregon Mail Tribune – “With all the useless trivia clogging the Internet, it’s refreshing to see an innovation that actually makes the movie experience more enjoyable”
- SmartBrief.com – “Anyone who’s ever missed the best part of the movie because they ran to the bathroom at the wrong moment will appreciate the genius of RunPee.com”
- Los Angeles Times (Business Section) – “Just when you thought the Internet provided every possible information service, along comes Runpee.com”
- LA Examiner – This one is interesting in the sense that the reviewer calls RunPee absurd, yet the commenters come to our defense! 🙂 And no, we will never make a site called RunPoo.
- Boarding Area – “Awesome new website and iPhone application helps both adults and moms assure that they can take a bathroom break during the movie without missing important elements to the plot”
- The Reformed Broker – “Breakfast Links: Heidi Moore, Bill Clinton & Runpee.com”
- Erie Times News
- Eye Witness News 3
- Entertainment Blogger – This enterprising story lists other uses for RunPee than merely going to the bathroom. Good, creative thinking!
- LA Examiner – The Gen Y Examiner says: “Visit RunPee.com to pre-determine that opportune moment to make your quick exit to “go.” Not only will you know the ideal time, but you will even be filled in on what happens then. This idea is genius”
- Post Bulletin – Digital Mike says, “…if you find yourself at the movies, here’s a great site to consult…Maybe you heard this on NPR. I love it. It’s RunPee.com and it means just that”
- The Wrap – Michael Adams may not like the movie G-Force, but he loves RunPee
- NY Daily News
- SodaHead – “RunPee.com is the new cool site for any movie goer that always has to get up and urinate…Pretty handy if you have a light bladder”
- Washington Examiner
- Bradenton Herald
- 9 News.com
- ABC15.com – “[Dan Florio] created the site that tells you when the best time to go is, how long you have, and even offers up a summary of what you may have missed…When you visit the site, just click the movie title on the left and happy watching”
- Johnny’s Jet Travel Blog – Website of the Day
- Naples News
- The Roanoke Times
- LifeSpace – “Why we love it: this is one of those things you see and wonder, Now why didn’t I think of that?…Brilliant.”
- TakTikBitch – The funniest App’ I’ve found yet!
- GeeksOfDoom – Tired Of Trying To Guess The Best Time To Hit The Bathroom During A Movie? Help Has Arrived In RunPee!
- Need to Pee During A Movie? Then This App is for You – From Multiple Sclerosis blog MyMsJourney.com: “Great for anyone and everyone who goes to the cinema…It’s pretty obvious this App has been designed by and for movie/cinema goers.”
- There’s An App for That – From EmptyNestBlessed.com: “A good app is one that you return to again and again. You wonder what you did without it.”
- BuzzFeed – You No Longer Have To Worry About Missing The Best Scene In A Movie Because You Went To Pee … MY TINY BLADDER AND I NEED THIS.
RunPee Radio Interviews (with no podcasts)
I do radio interviews pretty much every day – sometimes three a day! I know I’ve forgotten to write most of these down, but I do appreciate every single one of these stations and their hosts for helping spread the good word about RunPee:
- ABC.net.au, Australia
- WTPA Harrisburg – May 28, 2009
- Wisconsin’s Morning News with Jagler and Mueller, Newsradio 620 WTMJ – May 28, 2009
- The Carlos Montoya, 91X Morning Show – May 28, 2009
- The power of 5, South Africa – May 31, 2009
- Brittan – June 1, 2009
- KRBZ 96.5 the Buzz Lazlo – June 1, 2009
- Mike Welsh, the host of the 2CC Drive Show – June 1, 2009
- Peter Anthony Holder CJAD, Canada – June 1, 2009
- The Jonathon Brandmeier Radio Show – June 2, 2009
- 100.9 The farm, Jackson Tennessee – June 2, 2009
- WMIL Morning Show, Milwaukee – June 3, 2009
- The Paul & Young Ron Show, Miami/West Palm Beach – June 9, 2009
- The Giant Show, WKLS Atlanta – June 11, 2009
- The Brent Farris Morning Show, Santa Rosa, CA – June 11, 2009
- Midday with Ricky, Rock radio 106.1, Manchester UK – August 6, 2009
- am1500 KSTP Minnesota Patrick Reusse & Company, August 6, 2009
- Santa Barbara 104.7
- The Mikey Mike Show on San Diego’s Rock 105.3
- SPIN1038, Dublin, Ireland, August 11, 2009
- WBWZ, Star 93.3, Poughkeepsie, NY, August 13, 2009
- KROQ 106.7 Los Angeles, CA, August 13, 2009
- Many, many that we forgot to update – sorry about the gap!
- BBC-One October 2017
We enjoy finding RunPee reviews posted in languages other than English. Here are a few we’ve found, with some translated by Google. By late Fall 2009 we plan to have our web redesign readable in all languages around the world for our wonderful international RunPee fans.
- India – Don’t miss a thing
- Chinese Review – Harry Potter and the Urine Points
- From Brazil – Hora de ir ao Banheiro! E agora?
- Technaute.cyberpress.ca – Want to pee in full movie? Un site indique quand aller au petit coin A site indicates when to go to corner.
- Even the French love RunPee – Intraordinaire
- Italian Review – Conoscere il momento giusto per andare al bagno quando si è al cinema, and the English translation – Knowing the Right Time to go to the Bathroom while you are at the Cinema
- German Review – Tonwertkorrekturen – Vier Minuten Pause
- Portugese Review – Clandacriacao.com – Momento certo de ir ao banheiro
- More from Germany – Das Blasen Dilemma – translated as The Bladder Dilemma
Creator of RunPee. Aspiring author.