The RunPee app is primarily here to help you enjoy your movie going experience by telling you the best times to Run and Pee without missing anything important. The RunPee family – Dan, Mom and Sis – see each wide release movie that comes out on opening day. We watch for 3-5 minute spans in the movie where nothing really exciting, or funny, or important happens. ( Obviously this can be next to impossible for really good movies but we do our best. )
We start looking for peetimes about 30 minutes into the movie and we stop when there’s only 20-30 minutes left in the movie. For short movies of about 90 minutes there may only be one peetime. But for movies over 2 hours there may be 2-3 peetimes.
Each peetime has a synopses of what happens. So if you do need to run and pee then you’ll be able to come back to the theater knowing exactly what happened while you were taking care of business.
We also give you a lot more:
- Notes from the person who took the peetimes to let you know which one we would suggest using and which ones to use only in case of emergency.
- If you need to stay after the end credits for any extra scenes.
- A synopsis of the first 3 minutes of a movie just in case you are running late.
- A grade and short review for each movie.
- Screens that show information about your selected movie from RottenTomatoes.com and IMDb.com
- Quick links to the soundtrack, if any.
- and more…
Available on the following platforms:
Here’s a quick video tour of the app
Who came up with this crazy idea?
Dan Florio – that’s me – was watching the remake of King Kong back around Christmas of 2005. The movie was about 3 hours long. By the end of the movie I desperately needed to pee. Like so badly I couldn’t enjoy the movie. But I wasn’t about to leave the theater before it was over.
After the movie it occurred to me that if I had gone to pee during that scene with those big bugs – you know that totally gross scene that shouldn’t have been in the movie in the first place – then I could have enjoyed the ending, the good part, in comfort. Then it occurred to me that I could make a website for just such information. So I thought about it, then registered the domain name for RunPee.com and then forgot about it for about 3 years.